Est. 6.18.10

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh the life of a coach

Man it has been a crazy crazy busy last couple of days. Thursday, we had a JV track meet at Alief Elsik (a.k.a. Ghetto USA) and we took home second place overall which they girls were really happy about. Friday night I actually had a night off after preparing my students for TAKS all day but I had to go to bed early because I had to be at the school by 5:30 in the morning for the Seven Lakes Varsity Relays Saturday. This was the quickest varsity track meet I had ever been to...not that I'm complaining! We were outta there by 2 which meant I had time to get to my girls' LVS volleyball tournament. I drove over the Faith West just in time for the end of thier first game which they won! YAY! It was all uphill from there! They won the next two games (the last one was point for point...talk about stress!) to move into the championship bracket. Unfortunately, they lost the first game to come out with third place in the tournament which is the best they have ever done! I was sooo proud of them! They did an amazing job and have come so far since the beginning of the season! I LOVE these girls!

After all that in the past 3 days, I decided today was going to be my relazing day where I do absolutely nothing but lay in bed and do some laundry and pack...BBUUUTTTTT Jake called and we decided to meet up in Cypress! YAY! You know I would give up my chill day in a heartbeat to spend some much needed time with this boy :D We started at Target and got our bathroom accessories for the apartment (all on sale!) and pillows for our bed...they are crazy comfortable! I'm really excited to see how everything look together! Then we went and ate at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. OH MY GOD! This place was amazing...hands down the best hamburger I've ever had. Or a close second to In-N-Out burger in Vegas. Then we went by Home Depot and picked out paint colors for our living room and bedroom in the apartment. We went with a taupe color in the bedroom and one wall in the living room a dull red which we think will tie in the red from the kitchen dishes and look really good with the leather couches and animal print accents. After all of our errands, we relaxed a little by going to see a movie. I say relaxed but that's definately not what was in store all due to the fact that we went and saw Shutter Island. That movie is freaking nuts! It was sooo good! Every 5 minutes, Jake and I were looking at each other like "WTF?!?!"...it was really confusing until the very end when everything ties together. We definately recommend it! It was absolutely gorgeous today and we were blessed enough to have some down time together. It's hard on days like these not to look up and thank God repeatedly for EVERYTHING!

Jake will be doing a lot of driving here in the next couple of days having to go back and forth between Houston and College Station so please keep him in your prayers. I don't like when he drives that much especially really late at night or really early in the morning. He has his first Breeders Greeters shift Monday morning at 6 and I know he is really excited about it! He has been looking forward to this for a really long time. But he also has RV practice tonight and Monday night which is why he is having to drive back and forth. He is doing great things for a lot of people and I could not be more proud of him. Everyday, he gives me another reason to love him more. :D

God Bless,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment