Est. 6.18.10

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Miracles Happen

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the
heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17


Since we have informed all of our family memebers and closest friends, it is now time to go public with the news we have had a very hard time keeping to ourselves. Jake and I are expecting a beautiful miracle in late March/early April! Although it's a little sooner than expected, we could not be more ecstatic! This is all a part of God's plan for us. We feel as though He knows our relationship is strong enough for a child and that we are prepared for this. My first appointment is August 12th so I will know more details then. I'm honestly interested to know how far along I am when she measures me because sometimes I feel like I am further along than we think. I cannot tell if I'm bloating or if I am really already starting to show. Holy moly! This blog will probably turn into the wonders and tribulations of pregnancy :) So far, it hasn't been so bad but then again I'm only about 5 weeks along. According to all the books, all the dreaded things don't hit until 6 or 7 weeks but I'm definately ready for the ride! Who knew such a tiny little thing could make you SSOOOO tired?!?! I am exhausted from going up and down the stairs or doing a load of laundry. Apparently, in early pregnancy, your body does more work sitting down doing nothing than a person that just ran a marathon....HOLY EXHAUSTION! It's nuts! I've also been cramping which I freaked out a little about at first because I started to think something was wrong but the books say it's completely normal. It's simply your insides moving around and preparing to make room for baby. The placenta is growing and thickening as well as the uterus which causes the cramps. It's funny how instinctual you become automatically. I don't like Tini standing on my tummy...even though I know the baby is already well cushioned I just freak out a little. I hope I don't become an over-obsessive mom....I'm pretty sure Jake won't let me! :) Speaking of Jake, he is CRAZY excited! He gets more excited every day and I love it. He will just come sit by me and rub my belly...adorable right?! He's already talking about wanting a boy but he doesn't wanna get too excited about a boy for obvious reasons. Either way, I know he is going to make an amazing daddy :) Our kid will be one of those kids with a pony and everything else they've ever wanted! And I never feel alone. It's really weird but it's like I have a best friend with me all the time! My life is so amazingly blessed...I almost feel like I don't deserve it. Well I will definately be keeping everyone updated on how things are going! Sending blessings your way.

Ashley & Baby Manchaca :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both! It's such a wonderful experience and gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it will be twins and you can get one of each right off the bat! Sorry! Just trying to grasp that I'll be an "Extended Grandma" for the second time in a little over a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so stinkin' excited!! This really is the most wonderful time of your life, even if you are miserable and sick and everything! I can't wait to see you in the spring! You are going to be the cutest pregnant woman EVER! And I can't wait for Em to have a little Aggie friend! Poor Jill is gonna have her hands full! :-D Let the craziness begin! Again! *muah*

    ReplyDelete