Est. 6.18.10

Monday, August 16, 2010

Dr. Appointment

Everything went great at our doctors appointment. First thing they did was do an ultrasound. I thought they were going to do it vaginally because I am still only 7 weeks but they ended up doing it over my belly with the gel which took me by surprise. Not that I'm complaining or anything but I was totally prepared for the more invasive procedure. She pushed around on my belly and showed me the size of the uterus which is about the size of a grapefruit right now and then my bladder. She then showed me my yolk sac which is what is responsible for releasing all those hormones that cause the breast tenderness and nausea...not to mention the oh-so-famous pregnancy mood swings. Which haven't been so bad...although Jake might have a different side of the story. :) FINALLY she got to the placenta where the baby was. It was soo tiny but you could definately see the heartbeat. It was amazing! We couldn't hear it but could definately see it. Jake couldn't stop squeezing my hand! It was adorable! Roo is currently measuring right at 7 weeks and 3 days and the due date the doctor gave me was March 31st! That was the best part of the whole appointment. Afterwards, we did a consultation for family history as well as the not so fun exam. And of course the whole pee in a cup and bloodwork business which apparently will be happening every time I have an appointment. Our next appointment is September 9th when I'm 11 weeks...which means I will be one week from the end of my first trimester! YAY! NO MORE NAUSEA! :) Although she did give me some miracle drugs that don't hurt the baby that help with the nausea. So far so good! I have a long list of things I will not eat. I added wings to them last night. :( It was a sad day! Another reason why it was a sad day...at the beginning of the day my clothes fits perfect...by the end, it gets a little snug and uncomfortable. They say its normal and eventually they won't even button in the morning which apparently will be the next couple of weeks because I'm smaller in size so I will most likely show quicker. Which I'm okay with simply because right now I just feel like I look fat, not pregnant! Belly band here I come! :)

Here is the first picture of our sweet baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment