Est. 6.18.10

Monday, May 24, 2010

Life Moves SSSOOO Fast

We have been crazy busy these past several days. Jake graduated last weekend from Texas A&M University with his Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Development with a minor in business and I could not be more proud of him! :) It was an overwhelming feeling watching him walk across that stage. I've watched him grow and become the incredible man he is today all four years here. He was asked by his college to carry thier flag into the ceremony which was also pretty amazing. How often do you get asked to do things like that? AND how highly thought of are you to even be asked?! Like I said, he has made incredible strides these past four years as a Corps member, humanitarian, and most of all, a man. If you can't tell, I was BEAMING with pride and coule brag about him for hours. THAT'S MY MAN! He also had Final Review with the Corps and then we moved him out of the dorm for the last and final time. He moved back in with his mom because we have chosen not to live together before the wedding. We want to experience that together for the first time once we are man and wife. We want it to be an experience we can grow from. Man I cannot wait till we are finally living together...just the two of us in our own little apartment. :) Us and Tini of course!

This past weekend, we went to New Braunfels with my cousin and her fiance for Kurt's birthday. It was crazy fun! We floated the river and relaxed all weekend which is something I think both of us needed especially with everything else crazy going on right now.

We had our 30 day out meeting with Lesli (our wedding planner) and it turns out we are way more ahead of the game than most people at this point according to her so YAY US! Or more, yay my mom because most of the details wouldn't be done without her. We nailed down the details of the ceremony and reception and I know it's going to be absolutely perfect.
I got all the bridesmaids gifts in the mail and they came out way better than I expected! I am so excited about them! We ordered our cake topper and our God's Knot. For those of ya'll that don't know what a God's Knot is, we are doing it in place of a unity candle. Here is the link with more information. It fits our ceremony and what we believe is the basis of our marriage. http://www.godsknot.com/

Only 8 more days of school for me! And I cannot tell you how amazingly excited I am to finally have my first year of teaching under my belt. We have been busy getting things ready for next year and I have been trying to move all my things to my new classroom. Volleyball is all set for next year so it should be a pretty smooth transition into next year WITH MY NEW LAST NAME! :) The coolest part...I've been tagging my bookshelves and file cabinets that I want to take with me to my new room with a bright pink sheet of paper that has "Zotyka/Manchaca" on it! It's absolutely wonderful. And all my kids are pretty wonderful too. They are already calling me Mrs. Manchaca. It defiantely brightens my day to hear that.

Jake started working at Gulf States Trucking with his brother as a financial adminstrator today...please pray for his guidance into this new job and hope that he accomplishes everything he wants to. Also, my beautiful cousin Spenser is expected COLT pretty soon so please pray for a smooth and easy birth with a beautiful healthy baby boy as a result! :) Can't wait to meet him!

We are down to 25 days and could not be more excited! It's going by so fast! :)

With love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment